Hello Thursday. Hello Awkward & Awesome.
I hope all of you had a great week so far. I have been absolutely crazy busy preparing our schedules, doctor appointments, working, Christmas, etc…everything you all already do too. So you know exactly what I am sayin….
So here’s the deal. I love sharing my awesome moments with you but I also love sharing my awkward. What is life with out laughter and we all need to laugh at ourselves. Laughter can change your world. Trust me.
– My husband and I cleaned out our office/kids school room and we are going to do a room makeover style. Seriously we need it and this girl needs some better organization so hubby will be happy thinking I have it together. That would be the awesome but the more typical me. the awkward. picks up a handful of handmade number flash cards that my husband wrote and the 6 was sideways in my hand. He wrote it with the line under it and I said what is this? He shook his head and but smiled and said the number 6!! I said oh I thought it was just a messed up 16!
– Buying a new Christmas tree and getting it all put up and a whole strand of the pre lit tree doesn’t work. Really not awkward just frustrating. The kids and I had to go back to Target to exchange the tree. The awkward part was the restless and impatient kids who just wanted a Christmas tree. Nothing a pretzel from the cafe can’t calm everyone down, right?
– I volunteer at my son’s elementary school, he is in Kindergarten, but I help with other grades too. I was delivering t-shirts to classes today and I opened the door of a 4th grade class. There was four kids in front of the door working on a project and one says Hey Katie Perry….I pretended I didn’t hear it. I don’t know what was more awkward hearing it the first time or the friend of the boy saying hey he called you Katie Perry. I don’t even know how to respond to this one.
– Although I have some health concerns I am seeing my doctor about I am so thankful he is a Christian and there is scripture in his office.
– Tis the Season to GIVE…..Although we should give all year long and not just special occasions, Christmas is a special time to give. If your looking for ways to help and give this Christmas season you should check out some of these.
Jonathan’s Place, an emergency shelter for kids, or Mend, support for Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death, Touch a Life Kids, inspires others to advocate on behalf of trafficked and vulnerable children around the world, and these are just a few that touch my heart. There are so many ways to give Angel Trees, Feeding the Homeless, Nursing Homes, Toy Drives, and so many more.